The fundraising is now limping along like a crippled turtle.
I thought I would be refreshed and re-energized to start up fundraising once again with gusto once we got home from Russia, but the truth is, I am jaded. We do have a garage sale planned for March 3 (our 11th wedding anniversary by the way! What a way to celebrate, eh?) but it won't be nearly as big as our church sale last year as we are doing it ourselves, in our front yard. I'm sure we could go full-scale on it again and ask our church for help again, but I am just tired. I worked for weeks on that sale, completely neglecting my other obligations and turned my house into a candidate for a Hoarders episode. (But it did turn out to be a totally awesome sale!!) Ugh, what a whiner am I!!! Just letting the ugly show today.
We still have such a long way to go. Two more trips--that's $6,000 alone. Not to mention we still need Elena's ticket home, her visa and the orphanage cash donation among other things. I know God will provide. He is so faithful to do that. But I also know I'm slacking on my part. I'm just weary from this part of the process.
On a less woe-is-me note, I put together this video of our sweetie. I was going to post it on Facebook and ask people for help rescuing one of the least of these. But both Jeff and I are feeling conflicted about the use of her name and all the photos. If we were to jeopardize any part of this process simply because we were fundraising, we would be devastated. So I'm just going to post it here for now, until we work out just how risky it would be to share the video elsewhere. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page and pause the music player. The song on the video is just too precious to miss.
I thought I would be refreshed and re-energized to start up fundraising once again with gusto once we got home from Russia, but the truth is, I am jaded. We do have a garage sale planned for March 3 (our 11th wedding anniversary by the way! What a way to celebrate, eh?) but it won't be nearly as big as our church sale last year as we are doing it ourselves, in our front yard. I'm sure we could go full-scale on it again and ask our church for help again, but I am just tired. I worked for weeks on that sale, completely neglecting my other obligations and turned my house into a candidate for a Hoarders episode. (But it did turn out to be a totally awesome sale!!) Ugh, what a whiner am I!!! Just letting the ugly show today.
We still have such a long way to go. Two more trips--that's $6,000 alone. Not to mention we still need Elena's ticket home, her visa and the orphanage cash donation among other things. I know God will provide. He is so faithful to do that. But I also know I'm slacking on my part. I'm just weary from this part of the process.
On a less woe-is-me note, I put together this video of our sweetie. I was going to post it on Facebook and ask people for help rescuing one of the least of these. But both Jeff and I are feeling conflicted about the use of her name and all the photos. If we were to jeopardize any part of this process simply because we were fundraising, we would be devastated. So I'm just going to post it here for now, until we work out just how risky it would be to share the video elsewhere. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page and pause the music player. The song on the video is just too precious to miss.
5 comments:
What a precious video and song. I needed that reminder that there are angels watching over our girls till we can bring them home. I truly believe that.
That video is beautiful. The song, the pictures, the "we love you" in Russian...I have no words. Although I want to share this video with the world on your behalf, I still err on the side of caution. As important as fundraising is, actually getting her to be legally yours is much more important.
Oh my goodness, what an beautiful video! I'm crying like a baby over here!!! I can't wait to see your sweet baby girl home in your arms FOREVER!!!
We made tons on our garage sale...lots of friends donating their stuff. :) Maybe you could ask around, and post it on FB that you are having another garage sale, and see if people want to donate stuff. (I find it really is the BEST fundraiser because people are happy to get rid of their stuff, and it doesn't cost them a penny.)
But, instead of pricing everything, just set it out on the day of the garage sale, and make up prices off the top of your head. So much less work for yourself. Or at least only put prices on the super expensive stuff. :) We also made posters with V's picture on it, and wrote that the garage sale was an adoption fundraiser. It helps a bit to stop people from haggling so much. :) Okay...I'm going to go watch the video now. :)
Such a sweet video. Something about pictures with music... gets me every time:)
Post a Comment