Thursday, November 10, 2011

Head Over Heels

Maybe it's because we're actually getting closer.  Maybe the Holy Spirit is weaving itself all around me, preparing me.
But I can't look at Alana's picture now without getting tears.  And crying out to God to protect her.  I see her real name written and my stomach flips.  I say it in my head.  Then I say it out loud.  First, properly.  Then in my American way...  Then I laugh at myself for talking out loud.  I read her description, which I won't share because I'm not sure I should, but it makes me laugh!  If she is how they say she is, I'm proud of her, and scared of her all at the same time!
I see her and I'm overwhelmed by how familiar her face is!  My arms are beginning to ache for her. I want to kiss her head and hold her and breathe in the scent of her hair.

1 comment:

No Greater Love said...

Oh...you're making me cry, but in a good way. :)