Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dear Alana

Dear Alana,

Did you know you have grandparents?  


And cousins and aunts and uncles?


Did you know that you have a mommy and a daddy and 2 big sissies and a big buddy buster brother?  


Did you know that you are the missing piece of this family's puzzle?

Did you know that God loves you more than you could ever imagine? 


I am going to start teaching you that the moment you get home. 
You are worth more to Him than anything you can find in this world.  Combined.
In fact, you are worth so much that He directed my heart to you and said "Go".
We saw your sweet face and said "of course we'll go, Father".
It is the Father's plan for you to have a hope and a future.  
It is His plan for you to know Jesus.
For you to understand the joys of being a treasured member of a family.
A family who will love you in all our imperfect ways, in God's perfect grace.

We are coming, little sweetie.  We are working so hard to get to you.  We'll be there as soon as we can.  

Love, Mommy

PS.  Your brother and sisters have a question for you:  When you come home, would you mind playing the wise man?  We really need a wise man.


8 comments:

Lisa said...

awwww....

The Walkers said...

My new friend! You made me cry! I love your heart for your little sweet girl! Can't wait to see all puzzle pieces together, it will be here before you know it...blessings!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Gary and your Mom with all

the grandkids. Soon we will see one with Alana :)

Nancy J

No Greater Love said...

Oh, so beautiful. Do you have any idea the time frame you are looking at???

Hmmm....after Alana there may need to be a few more additions, so you can have 3 wise men. :)

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Sweet and adorable!
xo, misha

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

p.s I love your blog background. Where site did you get it from? It is so pretty!
Thanks, misha

Blue Cotton Memory said...

I am so excited for you, for your family, for Alana! So excited that you are living courage and dreams! Praying that the Holy Spirit ease this uncoventional birthing into your family, that her spirit feels home at first contact!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I can definitely see Ms. Alana fitting right there as the perfect missing piece of your family! The truth is she has no idea how much love awaits her! I hope your adoption journey is speeding along!

Hugs and Blessings,
Tammy