Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Heart Wide Open

I have two great gift ideas for Christmas this year and I just had to share!  I'm so excited about this.  

 #1:  Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree!  


It starts today and here's how it works:

When you donate $35 or more, you will recieve a beautiful photo ornament  of your sponsored child to hang on your tree.   This is a very special way to "share Christmas" with an orphaned child, and it's a very personal and meaningful gift idea for everyone on your list.  Gift cards will be sent with the ornament to your intended recipient(s). These are great for friends and family, but also for teachers, therapists, caregivers, doctors, etc. International sponsors are welcome through Paypal.  

There's also Angel Tree Dollars:



You go to the website and purchase your angel tree dollars.  Printable Angel Tree Dollars are emailed to you.  You can give these to your children as stocking stuffers, include in Christmas cards for family or friends, give to your children's friends from school, give to your children's teachers/therapists, work colleagues, pastors and others from your church, anyone!

Oh my goodness, how God has just broken my heart wide open for these waiting angels!  Until I became immersed in this community by God's plan alone, I did not understand the blessing of a child with "something extra".  My eyes are opened now to the way the world measures children and the way God does.  Perfection in this world is measured by ambition, financial success, test scores, body shape and size, and a narrow view of beauty.  Perfection in God's eyes is much different.  Simply being a child made in the image of the Creator is perfection.  All children are treasures in the eyes of our heavenly Father.Money is the only thing keeping these children hidden away and languishing.  Go to reecesrainbow.org, find meaningful gifts and help an orphan.  Win-win!

And #2: Gifts of Compassion Catalog through Compassion International!

If you go here: http://www.compassion.com/catalog.htm you will find all kinds of gifts to purchase that help families living in poverty to find Jesus, to help them make their own income, to provide medical relief.  It's simply beautiful.  You can shop with a purpose this year and turn away from all the commercialism shoved down our throats.  Bless someone this Christmas.  Believe me, it will bless you too!

1 comment:

No Greater Love said...

Ever since starting our adoption and seeing how much $ we can really save, I have been pierced with how much we've just blown over the years.

We went to see that movie that Compassion put out. "58" It was amazing...and heartbreaking...and convicting....

You are so right, there are so many things we can give $ too, that have consequences for all eternity!!! I so want to be laying up my treasures there.

I hope someday soon to also do a post about stuff like this too. I have so many thoughts about it! But I should probably stop clogging your comments for them! :)