Monday, August 1, 2011

Adoption Wasn't An Option

Adoption was NEEEEEVERRRRRRRRRR a consideration for us.  Never!!  It's worth repeating.  Never.  Never.  

Did I mention that we had never considered adoption?

Yet we struggled with infertility for years.  

IVF was how we grew our family.


If you had told me even a year ago that we'd be pursuing adoption in 2011, I'd have laughed.  Maybe even peed my pants a little.  (But we've already covered that.)  We had a full quiver, in our opinion.  After the twins were born, people would ask "are you going to have any more?"  And I'd roll my eyes, guffaw and with a grandiose wave of my hand, declare, "WE ARE DONE!".  

haha.  God :"Done being pregnant maybe".

2010 was a year of great learning for me.  I actually read my bible.  Imagine that.  And not just in bits and pieces.  I started in Genesis and read and read and read.  I'm reading still.  
God opened my eyes to certain things.  I began to believe in a way I never have before, even though I was brought up as a Christian since birth.  

In January of this year, I asked God to put me in action.  To help me live out the things I'd been reading and learning.  

The power of God to change a heart is truly stunning.  All I did was ask.  

Oh my goodness, don't get me wrong--I fall colossally short of the glory of God.  And all my best works are but filthy rags.  But I am trying every day to be a better servant.  I am asking Him to make me a better servant, to show me the needs, to break my heart.

2 comments:

No Greater Love said...

Oh my goodness, you're a riot. We must be alike. Because one...I pee my pants too after sneezing...can't jump on a trampoline...or go jogging...because, yes...I have had 2 children. :)

2...I love the color of your walls. Yellow...with white trim...in 18 years of marriage, that is what every single house I have owned has been painted on the inside.

3...can't stand getting in the water...totally would rather sip lemonade, with only my feet in. Once a year I try and be a really good mom, and go all the way in for my children. :)

I am going to enjoy reading your blog!

Liz said...

what a dangerous, powerful prayer- Father break my heart for hat breaks yours --- thank the Lord you prayed that! i am so pleased to "meet" you and your family. i pray Alana comes home soon!