Saturday morning could not come fast enough! I was so ready to come home.
And I can't be sure, but I think this little Russian-American was excited too.
Lord have mercy! What a long flight from Moscow to New York. 10 hours of not much to do. Elena did great though. She didn't get motion sickness and she held on to sanity for as long as toddlery possible.
See that look in my eye? It says "please slip me some Valium". But we made it through!
At JFK, we bought some strawberries and blueberries for about a million dollars. I believe from the way she looked at them that they were her first ever, so it was worth the fortune. As her mom, I missed out on a lot of her firsts, but we're finding there's still lots of "firsts" to experience together!
![]() |
| Thank you Kristen for her fantastic 'newly American' shirt! |
Then we were back on a plane for another 6 hours, most of which Elena slept. She slept for most of the car ride home as well. We arrived home at 11 pm and put Elena to bed. She slept until 6:30 am! We were some pretty exhausted travelers.





No comments:
Post a Comment