Tuesday, April 10, 2012

We are Here!

We are staying in an apartment this time, instead of a hotel.  This is the view from our kitchen window.



Slept well last night, which for me is a miracle!  (I heart melatonin.)


We have a kitchen this time which just makes everything 10 times easier and better.  



We also have a washer!  YAY!  Although I'm thinking this will be vastly more important on the 3rd trip when we are living with Elena, than this trip.


Hmmm....


Also, we have an iHome this trip, so we can listen to Jeff's iPod in the apartment.  I'm telling you, being able to listen to worship music any time I want to is a God-send.   I just listened to my theme song "Brave" by Nichole Nordeman.  

"'Cause it's been fear that ties me down to everything
But it's been love, Your love, that cuts the strings

So long status quo
I think I just let go
You make me want to be brave
The way it always was 
Is no longer good enough
You make me want to be brave
Brave, brave"

Oh, and Mandisa's Good Morning just came on!!  Top 'o the morning to you 'Disa!!! haha!  This is the best pick-me-up song ever! Thank you Kristen!!!  
Oh and Mandy, we had some yummy treats on the plane!  Thanks!!

We are off to visit Elena this morning.  Prayers appreciated for a good visit.  Love to you all.
PS.  I threw up on the plane.  Ew.

5 comments:

Molly said...

You're there!!!!! Ah, I am so happy for you. I miss that city. Can't wait to hear about how the rest of your week goes.

A said...

For some reason, the smiling clock is my favorite part of that entire washer. P.S. I shouldn't laugh at the throwing up, but it made me giggle.

Sarah said...

I didn't stay in that same apartment but I recognize the view... you are probably a block away from where we were!

Amy said...

So glad you made it safe. So sorry you threw up on the plane :( Ewww! And good luck with that washing machine, could take some time to figure that one out!!

No Greater Love said...

Oh, Linda....so overwhelmingly happy for you!!! Although, I am so sorry you threw up on the plane. That will be such a story someday, though.....