Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Limbo

Being in limbo is hard work.  I'm serious.  There's a tenuous agreement between my head and my heart to keep walking the tight rope between impatience and peace, while beneath me there is NO net to save me from the sea of anxiety roiling below, should I lose my balance.  

Hard work I say.


But I'm a mom.  I like to work hard for my kids.  It's good for my heart and it helps me walk closely with Jesus.  

Plus, there's work to be done in my head and heart during this time of waiting.  I know God has a plan, and I'm being reminded of that at just the right times by my friends, my pastor, my family.

3 comments:

A said...

You say there's no net, but there's totally a net. You say it yourself: your friends, your pastor, your family. That's the net and those are the people who will pull you out if you happen to fall into that sea.

No Greater Love said...

Oh...sometimes I seriously dream of flying to CA and giving you a big hug. (And also going out to eat and getting some "good" Mexican food....cause nobody does Mexican like California...well, except for Mexico, I guess. It's the pits in Colorado) :o)

Anyway....my heart hurts for you...and I hate limbo...except for when I love it, because of what I learn from the Lord. It's a love/hate relationship for sure.

That picture is ADORABLE!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

You are in my prayers! Love you - and that sweet little face in your picture! My goodness, she's just smoochable!! Hang in there friend...