Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Gift from Nicole

I don't think she'll like being called out.  Most followers of Jesus just want to you know, follow Jesus, and not be recognized or publicized.  But Nicole.  Nicole, Nicole, Nicole.

Nicole gave us money to bring Alana home.  A large sum that she could have used for her own family. To buy something for her home, or to put into her own savings account. She worked hard for this money, and then she gave it away.  And believe me, there were tons of other ways she could have used that money.  But she gave it to us because she believes in heeding the call to care for orphans.  Because she loves the Lord.  Because she felt His prompting on her heart and obeyed. She saved up the money and donated it, never telling us.

When I saw the jump in funds (over Christmas no less!) on our FSP, I requested a donation statement and saw Nicole's name.  I imagine she would have been fine with being anonymous forever.  But don't worry. I've severely thanked her. In fact, I hugged her so severely, she may be wishing she had donated anonymously.

We are so humbled and grateful and inspired, Nicole, by your heart, your motives and your humility.  Thank you a million times.

2 comments:

No Greater Love said...

Yay, NICOLE!!!!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Praise the Lord! You were blessed and as you know Nicole will be blessed as well! :) I see how your fundraising funds are growing! God is good!

Hugs and Blessings,
Tammy