Update: One set of ornaments has been spoken for. One set is still up for grabs!
Some people have asked how much we have raised for the adoption so far, and I only had a foggy estimate to tell them. So Jeff and I totaled the fundraisers and donations to date and made a thermometer that you see off to the right hand side.
I have been working so hard on Alana's Pantry and preparing for craft fairs. Although it has been exhausting, it is a labor of love and an honor to work hard for Alana, like I would for any of my children. It is a joy to serve the Lord in this way. But. I have vowed to my husband, my kids and myself that I will not make any more jam or fundraising crafts for the month of December. I will only sell the existing inventory in Alana's Pantry, and not take custom orders. I am looking forward to a break from the kitchen so that I can focus on being still and quiet in my favorite season of the year. I am going to do my daily devotions. I am going to do every Truth in the Tinsel bible reading and craft every day with the kids. I am going to plan dinners again! I am going to take the kids for a walk. I am going to plan things to delight the kids with the next day. Little things that they love so much, like a surprise indoor picnic, hot chocolate with marshmallows, building a fort. I am going to help them plan out their nativity play. Seriously, these are the things I love so much about being a mom that stays home, and I have really missed them while I have been so focused on fundraising.
When I look at the thermometer, I am in awe of how faithful the Lord has been. And I'm also a bit in shock at how far we still have to go. So I thought a fundraiser that would help decorate someone's Christmas tree in Alana's name would be fun.
Here is a set of 3 beautiful glass ornaments that I will ship to the first two people within the US who donate $40 to our family sponsorship page (the "donate" button at the top of the right column). As you decorate your tree with these ornaments each year, you will be reminded that you played a part in finding a home for a child who didn't have one--a family for a child who was lonely.
Look at how sweet this Matryoshka doll is.
This ornament is a beautiful depiction of Eastern European architecture, complete with traditional onion-dome cupolas.
And lastly, a Faberge-style egg in a beautiful blue.
$40 will get all three of them shipped anywhere in the US you would like. Thank you for helping us raise the level in that thermometer!



2 comments:
Elle Bee...I didn't even know you were selling things... So, I went on Alana's Pantry on FB...and I saw the food stuff you were selling. But, I am curious about the other crafts you have...like those wooden plaques. Do you have a site that shows everything you have???? And do you ship things?
You can e-mail me, and let me know.
:)
You've raised $15,000?!!! That's so amazing!! God is sooo good!!! Love you guys:)
Post a Comment