I've been thinking about this.
And feeling very humble.
About raising money for our adoption of little Miss Alana.
When people give us money, they aren't giving it to me, or to Jeff, or even to our family. No, when people donate to our adoption, they are giving through us. Through us, to sick, oppressed, and hurting children who need forever families. They are giving to ease the plight of orphans all over the world. God loves these lost, forgotten children beyond all understanding, yet they are languishing in orhanages and institutions. We have to do something to help. Not everyone can adopt. But everyone can help orphans, simply by giving through those who are adopting.
There are 147 million orphans in the world. 147,000,000. A staggering number. I can't adopt them all. I can't help them all. But I can start with one. When people donate to our adoption, they too, are starting with one.
That is so beautiful.
Thank you to those who have donated. I see the amount on the right hand side of my blog grow and it makes my heart flip, even if it only grows by $1. Because I know what God can do with someone's $1. And because that means we are that much closer to making the number of orphans 146,999,999.
Because you donated, you are now part of that victory!
No comments:
Post a Comment